Cargo and Mail
Connecting goods, people and communities with high quality transport and new business models
Air freight is expected to play an ever-increasing role in high-speed transportation to connect goods with people and communities. We will strengthen our handling of high-value-added products such as pharmaceuticals and Japanese regional products that require high quality transport, which is a strength of the JAL Group. In addition, we will establish a sustainable logistics network based on a new business model to solve social issues in logistics.
JAL to Launch Cargo Flights for Further Growth in the Cargo and Mail Business
Boeing 767-300ER BCF Aircraft*
- By building strong partnerships with logistics partners, our company will begin operating our own cargo flights on both international and domestic routes, focusing on a network strategy based on stable and high-growth demand, such as e-commerce and home delivery. This new business model reduces business risks from fluctuations in demand and market conditions.
- We will attempt to secure profitability by offering flexible charter and temporary flights to meet customer needs.
Airbus A321ceo P2F Aircraft*
- In response to the 2024 logistic problem in Japan,, we will begin to operate cargo-only flights in cooperation with Yamato Holdings, Inc.
- Utilizing the assets and know-how of both companies, we will attempt to solve social issues centering on logistics, such as securing stable transportation capacity, maintaining and improving service quality, and revitalizing local communities.
* Aircraft refurbished from passenger to cargo planes